Our Retained option is used primarily when a position must be filled or confidentially and require to be completed within a specific period of time.
The EMAC Group provides candidates on an exclusive basis and guarantee an agreed-upon number of in-person interviews. With a retained assignment, the client pays an Engagement Fee at commencement of the assignment and the balance upon successful placement.
The Retainer Executive Search is a ‘priority based service’ in recognition of the time and materials that are expended and the resources required to complete each assignment successfully. A Retained Executive Search is preferable in cases where a company has a pressing professional level need that requires a candidate who will hold key leadership responsibilities and whose services are integral to overall organizational success.
As one of the mortgage industry’s premier retained search firms, The team at EMAC has helped negotiate the career moves for thousands of industry professionals. Retained executive search represents a clear commitment and sends a strong message that the client organization highly values the opportunity and the level of talent they will consider in their final selection.
When time, complexity and confidentiality are critical, retained executive search is a sound option, and clients and candidates alike trust The EMAC Group.
Business intelligence is a critical component of successful retained search. To ensure that we connect the right candidates and with the right companies, our Project Leaders invest time up front in comprehensive research. We carefully assess the position and the required experience and skills set of the Ideal Candidate. Our comprehensive assessment also evaluates the strategic, financial, cultural and operational aspects of the company.
Retained Executive Search is particularly appropriate when the need is urgent, the successful candidate will have a significant impact on company performance, or new opportunities emerge that must be addressed quickly. We understand and thrive in that environment.
We only present our retained search opportunities that truly fit with the needs and the goals of both the candidates and the hiring managers. As such, we consistently provide the best in speed, quality and successful performance outcomes.
Our Project Leaders are true business and career partners with the executives they represent. We work closely with our candidates to understand their career objectives and what they are seeking in their next career move. We also listen to all of the dynamics involved in the retained recruiting process, ensuring that everyone—from the hiring manager to Human Resources—are on the same page. By clarifying expectations and minimizing misunderstandings at the outset, we ensure that we can all move efficiently and successfully through the retained recruiting process.
Retaining EMAC on an exclusive basis enables the hiring manager to hold the EMAC accountable for the recruitment process. If multiple agencies are engaged, then control and accountability are lost, and the chances of finding a suitable candidate are reduced significantly.
The process of search and recruitment varies depending upon our client’s specific needs. We are committed to providing high quality executive search results and our clients benefit from having an assigned Executive Recruiting Project Team to manage the search and adjust the process accordingly. The fundamentals are outlined below and incorporate most if not all of the steps from inception to closure.
1. Initial Consultation and Briefing: Organization Profile
At the outset of each search assignment, we will develop a thorough understanding of the organizational environment in which the position functions and get to know the personality and corporate culture.
2. Develop Position Specifications
A prerequisite to a successful search program is a precise understanding of the duties of the position. A thorough position description will be developed with the hiring authority.
3. Develop Candidate Assessment Profile
An understanding of the characteristics of the ideal candidate is crucial. It will be developed in the same manner as the position description, with specific input regarding the corporate culture. A detailed list of pre-screening questions will be developed with the hiring team to determine the candidate’s specific abilities and personality characteristics, taking into account the soft skills needed for the position.
4. Compensation Package
We will review and when requested help develop a proposed compensation package based on market data that compares favorably to similar positions in the marketplace.
5. Program Objectives: Identifying Qualified Candidates
We will set specific program objectives for the assignment to enable us to target the right candidates. This will include timelines, and will define how long each stage of the search will take.
6. Direct Search
Taking into consideration the program objectives, research strategies will be developed that will ensure identifying the most qualified candidates for the position.
7. Preliminary Screening of Candidates
All potential candidates will be screened and evaluated by us. We will conduct in-depth interviews with those having the strongest qualifications. Our objective is to assess their experience, interest, compatibility and manage their expectations for the opportunity.
8. Candidate Assessment and Evaluation
A comprehensive Candidate Profile is developed for each of the short list candidates defining their strengths, weaknesses, core competencies, accomplishments and compatibilities with the position. The profile includes the pre-screening questions that were developed specifically for this assignment and analysis of how their experience directly relates to our client’s organizational and cultural needs.
9. Presentation of Short List
The results of our screening process will be reviewed with the hiring authority, and the most qualified candidates for the position will be presented for final interview and evaluation.
10. Candidate References
Reference information is gathered of candidates on the short list. Once the hiring authority focuses on the final candidates, more in-depth reference checking is conducted.
11. Client Interviews
The hiring authority will interview each of the final candidates. After the first round of interviews we will obtain feedback from the candidates and support the hiring team in determining which candidates best fit the needs of the organization.
12. Offer and Negotiations
We will assist the hiring manager when reviewing the strengths and weaknesses of the candidates. We will provide support in structuring the compensation package, help the candidate assess the offer, manage expectations and negotiate through acceptance.
13. Post Offer: Follow up
Following acceptance, we will help manage the transition into the new opportunity and counsel the candidate through resignation to ensure the departure is handled promptly, and professionally. We stay close to the candidate through on boarding process.
Our team has over 20 years of mortgage industry experience and we understand the process and how proceed in a highly efficient and consultative matter to identify the ideal match between a candidate and the opportunity. We also understand what it takes to deliver knowledgeable results that will exceed your expectations.
Our Retained Executive Search Services allows us to provide our clients with an individual or team of professional recruiters on a project basis. The EMAC Group goes beyond traditional and transactional staffing approaches to provide a results-driven talent recruitment solution focused on today’s rapidly changing business environment.
- Recruitment professional – Organizations that partner with The EMAC Group gain the experience and backing of an entire recruitment firm, bringing that experience in-house to guide and lead the organization’s recruitment efforts.
- Efficient recruitment efforts led by a single point of contact – Recruitment is no longer scattered throughout the organization and subject to an array of strategies that may or may not be working.
- Establishment of best interviewing and hiring practices – A recruitment professional can effectively evaluate candidates; schedule interview; coordinate candidate; provide interview preparation and itineraries; and help to transition new hires. This person also serves as an informal spokesperson for the organization, reinforcing organizational goals throughout the numerous daily interactions that occur with candidates, new hires and hiring managers.
- The EMAC Groups’ Recruitment Partnership model – Provide pre-screened, scheduled and prepared candidates with completed paperwork that will change the nature and quality of interviews. The interviews scheduled are efficient, organized with each hiring managers.
- A steady supply of Top Performing candidates – The recruitment partnership model can use all the resources available to find qualified candidates, high demand and in geographic locations that are less desirable for candidates. An experienced recruitment partner maintains an extensive database of candidate prospects, matching each candidate against the organization’s Ideal Candidates criteria and corporate culture.
- Screening for quality and future leaders – Our recruitment partnership provides a level of proactive recruiting the best talent with retention and future leadership, rather than reacting to the immediate need of filling empty positions. Consistent professional representation to a Talent Pool of Ideal Candidate market establishes an organization as an “Employer of Choice”.
When focus is placed on the recruitment process, more time can be given to details that add up to building a local, regional and national reputation. Candidates can be presented with a consistent message that reflects the best possible view of an organization, leading to greater candidate interest in interviewing, as well as more candidate referrals to the organization.
We provide our clients with industry-leading resource to attracting passive candidates. We offer an array of recruiting services designed to increase the recruiting & staffing effectiveness. For more information on Retained Search Services, please contact us to start your search today!